Twit It >>

4/24/08

Jhad – In – Khand by Victor Minj

Art Exhibition Visit



By his recent works, Victor Minj wants to share his thoughts with others and suggest some message to the society…..either about his native land or artist’s own autobiography. The artist has depict traditional symbols as Icons of Indian culture in contemporary contexts. In his series of Wood impression he deals with the use and ritual to reflect the issues of deforestation.

Deforestation not only represents here as a metaphor for the sake of subjectivity in pictorial representation, but it incorporates his personal association, life struggle and lust for survival, due to his physical incapabilities.

By Nitesh Patel.


I am invited to visit an art exhibition of Victor Minj. The exhibition named “Jhad – In - Khand”. Basically I am not fine art graduate but as hobby and have interest in art since long.

The exhibition is at Exhibition Hall, Faculty of Fine arts, Baroda, MSU. This place has given birth to very talented artist and I have chance to meet one of them.

As I step in an exhibition hall I read the introduction write up behind an exhibition. Frankly speaking on first impression I don’t found painting interesting. But as I gradually took my steps further, the painting is start impressing me. As I reach to my last step in exhibition hall – means after looking all paintings, I really find it awesome and perfect craftsmanship in painting. Every painting has more than one technique and carved with fine lines with best color combination. Some paintings are like magnet. Just want to say Great work Mr. Victor Minj

My view - Sweta shah

0 comments: